Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Quick Update

As of this morning, I'm down 15 pounds. Yay, me!!!! I was struggling for quite a few days, doing everything right and still no loss, but it did catch up today, so I'm trying to keep a positive attitude! It sure is tough sometimes, though.

Baseball is kicking my butt again this year. I forget from year to year how hard it is. DJ and Colby had a game Monday, DJ and Sonya Tuesday, Darrell Wednesday, Colby Thursday and DJ and Sonya on Friday. Then, Darrell plays all weekend in Chicago.

I'm going to Chicago with him and we're taking DJ so he can babysit another couple's son, if we decide to go out for a few hours. He doesn't mind, he's looking forward to it and this little boy just loves to spend time with him, so he gets to feel like a big shot. Sonya and Colby are both staying with separate cousins - unless we decide to take Colby and Heather wants to stay at home alone. I don't really know how I feel about that. She's 18, she's certainly old enough, but she's 18!!!!!! I know we have to start trusting her, and she's never really done anything to keep us from trusting her, but it sure is hard to let loose. I keep telling myself, she is going to college in the fall and I won't have any control then, so I better start letting go now, so I'm still around and I can see how she handles extra freedom. How do other parents do this? It is tough for me, but seems even tougher for Darrell to think about. He still thinks she's a baby.

OK, better go. Got a busy week and busy weekend coming up...

5 comments:

3carnations said...

15 pounds? That's fabulous! Congratulations!

Deb said...

Congrats on the 15 lbs! Hey, how'd you do it? I'm trying so hard - I work out 2 hours 3-4 times per week - had a personal trainer for 3 months and tamed down my caloric intake - and I only lost like 15, went up 5 - and I can't get where I want. Someone told me about people being allergic to wheat gluten, and if I went on a wheat gluten-free diet, it'll probably help... ?

Just wondering what you thought. I tried absolutely everything.

*sigh*

Michelle said...

Wow!! 15 pounds is awesome!! I bet you are feeling proud of yourself huh?

Hope y'all have a great trip!

Not so evil Shenanigans said...

Thanks for the compliments ladies - I still have about 30 to go to reach my goal weight though, so I'm not getting too happy yet! I'm trying to look at losing 10 pounds 3 more times.

Deb - I did a 1500 calorie diet the first 3 weeks and lost 11 pounds. Then I couldn't lose for the next two weeks - not a pound. I know, I should have been happy with the 11 but I was so frustrated that I couldn't get that scale to move no matter what I did so I cut calories to 1200 per day and I'm back on track again now, but I know I will hit another plateau and I don't know what I'll do then. I can't cut out much more than what I already am. Also, I'm walking but only 2-3 times a week for about 45mins to an hour. I know I need to add more exercise, but sure don't know where I'll get the time.

I'm eating a ton of fruits and veggies and frozen meals (Smart Ones) for lunch and dinner. Adding Fiber One bars and yogurt for fiber (thanks, Michelle) and about 64 ounces of water daily. No soda - I've had 2-3 Diet Cokes in 6 weeks. Trying to cut back on the Splenda too because of the recent study that sweeteners are making us fat! Good Luck!

kathi said...

First off, YAY YOU!!!! Honey, CONGRATS!! I'm so happy for you, very, very cool!

It is tough, 18 or 19...and I'm sure 20 is gonna tear me up too. We'll hang in there together. :)