Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Quick Update

We had Heather's graduation party this weekend and things went pretty smoothly. My dear sister came to help me get ready. I truly don't know what I'd do without her. She and I barbequed on Friday night so we wouldn't have to mess with it on Saturday and that was the best idea - except for the fact that it took us until 4am to get it all done - but at least we didn't have to stand over the pit all day on Saturday while we had guests.

I really thought Darrell was going to do the BBQing, but I guess when he saw we had it under control, he thought we didn't need him and went to be about 1:30. Ass!!!! He had done alot to get the property ready and the pool - get the garage cleaned up in case it rained and we needed shelter. He'd been working his butt off, but so had I. I was kinda glad when he went to bed though, because Shelly and I had alot of fun trying to get it all done. Hot dogs were rolling off the pit onto the porch and we'd pick them up real quick and put them back on (5 second rule) - I know it's gross - but no one died and we just built the porch so I knew it wasn't that dirty yet:) (Are you all puking now? Well, get over it - what people don't know won't hurt them!)

We saw alot of family & friends we hadn't seen in a while and Heather was truly grateful for all she got. It will go a long way in getting what she needs for college life and the dorm room. I'll post some pics later this week, I'm still recuperating.

6 comments:

Deb said...

Sounds like you had a nice time. :) Nothing better than spending time with loved ones bbq'ing... :)

3carnations said...

Sounds like a nice time. I like to get as much ready as possible before we have company, too. When we grill, I do all my prep work for the things I make, then I drive hubby nuts with "Aren't you going to get the burgers ready? Aren't you going to get the corn ready?" I prefer to do as little as possible once the company actually arrives.

ccw said...

Glad it went well; it sounds like a very nice time.

The 5 second rule is a good rule.

Not so evil Shenanigans said...

Deb - right - nothing better:)

3C's - I'm learning, I'm learning.

CCW - Perfect rule for me:)

Michelle said...

So I was wanting to know if you ate one of the hot dogs or not? Just curious is all. I'm a firm believer in the 5 second rule in my home too. ;)

Congrats to Heather and I'm glad y'all had such a nice time celebrating.

Not so evil Shenanigans said...

Michelle - I did eat a couple, but I then made sure I consumed enough vodka to kill off any remaining germs:)