OMG! It's been a year since I posted on this blog! Idk what is wrong with me. I used to love to do this but when Facebook took hold, it took over my life for awhile. I don't even care if anyone reads this blog, I need a place to keep my thoughts straight. I didn't make any New Year's Resolutions this year but now that it's the end of the first month of the year I'm thinking maybe I should set some goals for myself.
I saw this on Pinterest the other night and it really got me thinking of declaring my goals first so I could realize my dreams (gotta figure out what those are) and secondly, I've been thinking it is a good idea to have sort of a bucket list for 2013. If I actually publish a list of things I'd like to accomplish in 2013 perhaps I will actually do at least one of them. Then I can say "Look what I did in 2013!" How exciting will that be? I know - probably not that exciting for anyone that might read this blog but pretty damned exciting for me! So here goes - these are the things I'd like to accomplish this year (and I reserve the right to revise this list at any time...
1) Get healthy - I weigh 195 pounds (man that was hard to type) right now and my goal is to weigh 140 which is what the surgeon general says is a healthy weight:)
2) Begin a masters degree program (I think I want a Master in Public Health but I will reserve that judgment until I've researched a little further.)
3) Go camping in our camper that has been sitting at our house for a year now not being used.
4) Go on an extended trip with my husband that does not involved him playing softball (and by extended, I mean longer than leaving Friday night and coming home Sunday afternoon.)
5) Do at least 5 DIY projects from my Pinterest board
I'm not going to put anything about being a better wife, mother, etc because I am already awesome at those things (what can I say, you caught me on a good day - I'm sure you'll hear more about my shortcomings later:))
So this is it for now, it's all I can think of off the top of my head but I fully plan to edit as I see fit, hopefully, by just adding things and not taking anything off.
OK, according to the quote, I wrote the dreams down with a date so that makes them goals now. The next thing I need to do is add the steps necessary to make the goals happen and my dreams come true - UGH~! If only it were that easy. I'm gonna give it a shot though so wish me luck.