Wednesday, June 18, 2008

This is me being healthy

OK, so I'm drinking soy milk now instead of skim because I read in Women's Health magazine that if you consume just one serving of soy each day, it has been shown to reduce belly fat - I know, I know - but I'll take whatever I can get.

So, does it count if I'm having the soy milk with my Cap'n Crunch????? It still has the same calories as Cheerios and it was better than having a Pop Tart:)

I'm up to 19 pounds now, only 31 more to go to reach my goal weight. My goal date is September 15th.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

19 pounds...that is incredible!! You are doing so awesome! Whatever you are doing seems to be working, so if the Cap'n is what you want, than there are definitely worse things you could be eating. Keep up the great work!!

M.Amanda said...

Wow, you're doing great! I'm so excited for you. I was eating Cheerios for breakfast followed by fruit and yogurt as part of my "eating healthy for the peanut" plan, but I've switched to the Cap'n for a while because, seriously, how many mornings in a row can you eat Cheerios before being totally bored by them? Sometimes you just really need some good, tasty kids cereal.

princess slea said...

19 pounds is great. keep up the good work!!

kathi said...

LOL, soy with capn crunch is better than capn crunch and whole milk...right??

I've been drinking soy for years. Love it.

Way to go girl, we're all so very proud of you!!

kathi said...

By the way, I meant to tell you about soy beans in the produce aisle. I get them already shucked (is that a texas term?) and with a tad of salt...oh baby, good stuff.

ccw said...

I'm not a fan of soy milk but I love, love, love the beans; tasty and lots of protein.

Congratulations on your 19 pounds!! That's a big accomplishment and I'm glad you are feeling good about your diet.

Not so evil Shenanigans said...

thanks for the well wishes everyone~ I'm gonna try to keep it going. My goal is to lose another 30 by mid-September - so we'll see.

Gotta try those soy nuts, but I looked at them last night and they have 150 calories per serving, I didn't know if I wanted to use up that many calories - are they worth it?