Tuesday, June 17, 2008

9 year old DramaQueen

It is summer. My cellphone rings and I am irritated to see that it is my home calling. I have repeatedly told my kids not to call me on my cellphone. It is long distance from our house, so I get charged once on my home phone bill and again for minutes on my cellphone bill. "Send me a text," I say, "and I'll call you right back" - that's why we pay for texting - but oh no, when they're mad or excited or bored or hungry, whatever - they pick up that phone and dial those 10 digits.

So I pick up and hear my 9 year old's voice

"Are you and dad trying to ruin my life or are you just trying to get me to run away?" I squelch a giggle "What?", I say, as I strive to stop laughing inside and try to figure out what is wrong with her. She repeats herself with the exact same emphasis on every word~

Apparently, the cat, Peach Kitty - not Cinderella (Cinderella is her cat) pissed on 4 towels today and my husband is pissed off and threatened to take both cats to the shelter. I told her not to worry, none of our pets were leaving our house, at least not tonight:)

1 comment:

Deb said...

Did you tell her both? (hehe) JK!!! Awwwwww, ... so a little pee on the towels.... no biggie... just the worst smell on earth.


lol

Sorry to laugh! :)