Monday, September 10, 2007

Moutain Dew Explosion

I was sitting at my desk at work just now, enjoying a frozen meal dinner before having to go straight from work to a dreaded Economics class and I had placed a Diet Mountain Dew in the freezer a couple of hours ago so it would be nice and cold by the time I had to leave for class.

I saw that there was some ice in it and I thought "yummy, mountain dew slushie" - I began to open the bottle and a little oozed out so I put some Kleenex under the bottle in case it spilled.

Suddenly, the Mountain Dew erupted like a volcano and it actually rained mountain dew all over me and my office. I mean it is on my door that is about 6 feet away, it's on my ceiling, all over my walls = all the papers on my desk - it is everywhere and the lid is laying on the floor about 3 feet from my desk. I'm surprised it didn't hit me in the nose & break it or something.

So here's a word to the wise - never, never open a soda that has ice in it and if you do you better be outside and wearing a raincoat. I can't do anything but laugh, if you would have seen me sitting here with Mountain Dew raining on me - you'd die laughing too - it's just one of those things you know? Now I gotta go to my first class with soda all in my hair and sticky arms - how fun.

3 comments:

kathi said...

I'm so sorry, but I laughed at you too. How funny is that, you must've been a sight! Sticky hair, eewwww.
I, too, put my sodas in the freezer for a bit and sometimes forget them. Never had one explode like that though. I'm warned now!

3carnations said...

Oh my gosh. I laughed, too. Sorry. I hope the liquid didn't ruin anything. :)

Michelle said...

Yep...got another good chuckle out of me too. I don't know what you look like, but I could imagine the whole scene playing out in my mind, and it was funny.

Hope you weren't too sticky!! ;)