Friday, September 7, 2007

Life stuff

My husband and I had a talk the other night. Sometimes I don't feel special to him anymore and fell that it wouldn't matter to him if I walked out and never came back. He told me he feels like no one listens to him (the kids doing stuff he asks) - I said that all of us feel like he expects nothing less than perfection and that if we don't do something completely to his standards - he feels we didn't do it at all. We know he's gonna complain about whatever we do, so we just do things our way and know that he's gonna bitch about it. We've all decided this Saturday to work as a team to try to get our house in order the way he really wants it and we'll try our best to keep it that way. Our house is not filthy - it's lived in, really, I'm being serious - other people that come to our house don't feel uncomfortable there - it's just a sickness of his and it's driving the rest of us crazy.

I reminded him how blessed we are with four beautiful, healthy children that are smart and talented. We both have decent jobs that we don't have to worry about how the electric bill will be paid (like we used to), we drive good cars, we own a nice home, our children are involved in lots of activities and so is he. We can take trips or go out to eat just about whenever we want - I don't think anyone could ask for more.

Our 17 year old continues to be a hotspot in our relationship - I feel she is a good kid and deserves to spend time away from us and with her friends - he doesn't trust her at all (she's never done anything wrong that we know about) He just "has a feeling" and doesn't want to let her go for fear that she may get mixed up with the wrong crowd - go drinking or partying - get in a wreck - he has all sorts of scenarios that really have very little chance of happening except in his own mind and says that I never think anything can happen.

Anyway, my old girlfriends and I are trying to plan a GNO (girls night out). We all feel we really need it and one friend asked me what was new. I said nothing much then proceeded to tell her about running the kids around - going to stinkin' pee wee football games I care nothing about (except if my kid gets hurt) - Figuring out all the things that come from having a daughter that's a high school senior (OMG) that wants to go far away for college but doesn't even care to get her driver's license and whose little brother is a freshman and doesn't think she should be hanging around any skanks, hoes, goths or anyone that he doesn't deem fit.

Anyway, that's sort of the jist of it. Colby's (5th grade) playing football and has a girlfriend who he "luvs to death forever and ever" Sonya (3rd grade) has a crush on a boy in her class and now refuses to wear her waist length har in a pony tail because she has "wings" right by her ears and it makes her look like a "moron"! She actually got up early this morning and straightened her hair with Heather's straightener - what am I gonna do?

So for nothing new - I sure had a lot to say. You see why I need a drink?????? Better go for now - hope all is well with my fellow bloggers:) Have a great weekend!

No comments: