Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I'm so freaking hungry!!!!!

I started "dieting" Monday, trying to use the weight watchers plan w/o the meetings and the cost. My friend and I are weighing in in front of each other every week - to keep us honest and I'm starving! I used a big chunk of my points when I went to lunch with my husband before dropping him off at the airport and I'm trying to wait until I leave work to start munching on my celery & carrots! Maybe I'll chew a piece of gum & it'll hold me over.

BTW, Darrell will be gone for 6 days. It really takes a load off for them to leave for awhile every now and then - though I'm sure I'll be ready for him to take over when he gets back. Although, part of me will miss him and I almost decided to buy a pricey ticket and join him this weekend - but, I think I'll use this time to let my heart grow a little fonder.

3 comments:

kathi said...

Can you mix together some dried fruit and unsalted nuts? My favorite snack. I put some mixed nuts (nuts are heart healthy) with dried cherried (yumm) dried blueberries, dried cranberries and dried apricots. They're all good for you and fill you up with just a little.

I know exactly how you feel about the pressure being off for 6 days. It's like a weight is lifted and you're not walking on eggshells in your own home. Relax and enjoy your 6 days!

Michelle said...

Good choice. You need the 6 days to rest and relax, and like you said to let you miss him while he's away.

Good luck with the Weight Watchers thing, I know how hard it is to lose unwanted weight. I just want to lose 10 or 15 pounds and find myself very frustrated that it isn't coming off without drastic measures. Oh well, maybe one day.

kathi said...

Yeah, well...last night on my way home from work, I stopped at a bakery and gave in to the chocolate craving I'd had for the last 3 days. My craving is satisfied, and Charlie and his buddies will have enough snacks to last them a week.
LOL, thought of you as I was pigging out on my 3 different kinds of chocolate last night. I'm sure I'll regret it soon!