Friday, July 27, 2007

Intent to Graduate

I filled out my Intent to Graduate form yesterday for my associates degree in business. It's only taken me 20 years for a 2 year degree, but hey, it's an accomplishment to me and one of the goals I set for myself. I wanted to have at least an associate's before my daughter went to college. She is a senior this year - so I'm just under the wire.

I have way more credits than I need, they just didn't work for the degree, that comes from years of taking computer courses & courses that matched with my schedule instead of my degree. I really enjoy going to school and will probably be a "lifetime learner" I won't stop with this degree but will work another 20 years probably to get my 4 year undergrad degree, but whatever it takes:0)

My family is going to Six Flags tomorrow. It's the last weekend my husband has free until after school starts so I wanted all of us to do something together. It should be a fun day - hopefully it won't rain.

My husband is being a real grouch lately. He has a herniated disc in his back and I know it's really painful, but he still goes on with his life. He plays softball, works out, etc - the doc told him he needed to get surgery on it in February, but he didn't want to because softball was starting and now it hurts really bad but he doesn't want to plan surgery until December - til after hunting season is over. I feel bad for him in some ways, but it's so hard to hear about how much it hurts and I feel bad that I can't do anything to fix it. He's grouchy with all of us and last night he said he wasn't even going to go to Six Flags. I'm sure it will get better after the surgery.

4 comments:

ccw said...

Congratulations!

I have enough credits for a bachelor's and associate's degree but I have neither. I need two more classes for my degree in biology but decided to have the two little ones instead of finishing. I fully intend to get back there some day.

kathi said...

First, I'm so proud of you for going after what you want. Good for you, I admire you greatly! Such a wonderful example for your kids.

Second, just the mention of back pain sends shivers up my spine...seriously. I've got a couple of problems with my spine, and it can go for months without any pain regardless of how I work out; and then go completely out when I reach for my toothbrush, and I'm in screaming pain for weeks. So...all I can say is OUCH.

Michelle said...

Good for you for following through with your plans, even though it has taken a long time.

I do not have a college degree myself, because I decided to drop out of college and start my family. It has never been anything that I have regretted either, but would one day like to go back. We shall see, maybe I'll do it before my daughter graduates high school too!!

kathi said...

I'll email it to you, I didn't have your email addy before now. :) EASY BREEZY...not to worry.