Monday, July 30, 2007

The Count of Monte Cristo

I think it was Michelle at Tapp Talk that turned me on to this book. It was my intention this summer to read a classic novel in between each "fun" novel I read. I read 'The Sun Also Rises' by Hemingway and now I'm reading 'The Count'. When I first received this book from paperbackswap.com I was kinda iffy about it. It has over 600 pages and the print is very little. I had planned to read several classics this summer along with my 'good' novels and I wasn't sure if I wanted to waste my reading time on this novel.

It was a slow start but I told myself to get through at least the first 100 pages. I can always tell by them if I'm going to get into it or not and by the time I got there with this I couldn't put it down. It is really starting to consume me. I want to read it all the time. I bring it to work so I can read at lunch and when I go to dinner with my husband so I can read on the way. I am thoroughly enjoying this book. Thanks, Michelle for suggesting it. And to think, I was even thinking about watching the movie before I really got into this book. That would have so ruined it for me. I'm only on page 300 or so now, so I still have over half left, but I'll probably have it finished by next week - if my family will let me:0)

I still don't know how to link to other people's blogs in my posts. Kathi was going to email me how to do it, but if she did I probably deleted her as SPAM. Somebody tell me please. I want to give credit where credit is due. shaeckh@excite.com

2 comments:

3carnations said...

To link to a blog in a post, highlight the words that you want to do the link, then click on the button that has what looks like a little green globe with a squiggle over it. :)

Michelle said...

I'm glad that you like the book so far. You'll really like the movie too I bet.