Friday, July 13, 2007

I'm an all star momma

Three out of four of my kids have made the all-star team in their baseball leagues this summer.

I knew Colby would make it. He's 10 - playing up with the 11 year olds. DJ was a little more iffy. He's 14, and he is excellent, but he's had this thing going with this coach for the last 7 years and I thought somehow the coach would put a stop to it. Turns out this coach has the 15 year old team so my DJ gets to play with the 14 y/o all-stars. Whew!

Sonya is 8 and she's one of the only two girls on her baseball team. Everyone else is a boy and I absolutely cannot believe they picked her to be on the all-stars. Only 2 kids from her team got to go and she is one of them. I'm so proud of all of them. They get the sports thing from their dad - cuz I suck at them all. I was a cheerleader and damned proud of it. So it my 17 y/o.

Remember, we live in Missouri. Colby's team could end up making it to North Dakota, DJ could end up in California. Luckily Sonya just has one game in Potosi (our hometown) and she's done. I don't know how far the boys will go, but I sure am one proud momma no matter what happens.

2 comments:

kathi said...

YAY!!! I'm thrilled for all of you, congrats!! I know exactly how you feel, and it feels pretty good!

ccw said...

Congratulations to them all! I wish them the best in their games.