Friday, January 9, 2009

How does that happen???

Of course mornings in my house are crazy and chaotic, to say the least. Darrell usually doesn't get up with all of us, but when he does, he just adds to the chaos. Today was one of those days...

Heather is home from college and doesn't go back until next week, so she's trying to sleep and I'm yelling at everyone to get up - find your shoes - brush your teeth - oh, no the bus is 2 minutes early - hurry up and go pee before she comes back up the road - you get the picture. At this point, Heather has Aunt Shelly syndrome (the name I made up about my sister - because she is NOT a morning person).

DJ is in the shower because he rides with me to school (he's too cool to ride the bus now since he'll be 16 and driving himself in only 9 short weeks - UGH!!! Darrell goes in there and flushes the toilet on purpose to scald him and make him start yelling. I'm telling you - you've heard of dysfunctional before - well my husband came from a home that put the capital D in that word - and he thinks there's nothing funnier at 6:45 am than to have everyone yelling and the dog barking, etc on the days when HE is up. Any other morning, we're supposed to be library silent - yeah right!

We got ANOTHER new puppy - this brings the total to 4 beagles (for hunting, outside in the pen) 4 beagle newborn puppies - also in a separate pen with the 5th momma beagle. Outside - running free is Gunner, a pure-bred lab given to us recently - wonderful dog - huge, scary to strangers but a sweethear - he plays fetch and it's so fun. Rocket - a beagle mix who is skiddish around people. Hannah - a former hunting beagle turned pet who is blind in one eye but a total sweetheart and Winston - a 25 pound teacup poodle that I got snookered into buying from a website for abused animals. We also have two cats - Cinderella and Toby (Cinderella's kitten), one rat (Stuart) and a visiting gerbil (Kisses) who will return to Mizzou with Heather next week. Shall I reiterate the chaos factor in my home?

So the new puppy - Cooper is a purebred boston terrier - 10 weeks old - very ugly, yet cute in the same way - who needs lots of potty training attention and has to eat special food, etc. Sonya is supposed to be his sole provider - but you know how that goes - she doesn't do morings well, either - so I'm stuck with it all.

I started this to tell you that I forgot my purse this morning and had to drive all the way to work - 75 miles - without a phone, wallet, credit cards, cash, powder, lipstick, etc, etc, etc. I had to borrow money from my work friend so I could stop for gas on my way home.

After telling this story, I can't believe I even wondered how it could happen that I would leave my purse on the table as I walked out with my totebag, my makeup bag, my coat (I can't wear it while I'm driving that far), my coffee cup, my earrings, my cereal and my lunch bag.

Calgon, take me away!

2 comments:

M.Amanda said...

Would you believe that a few years ago when Christmas was on a Monday, I left the office on Friday without my purse? It was the next morning, when the office was deserted and no one could let me into the building even if I did drive all the way back just for that, that I realized.

Unfortunately, I had left all my shopping til the last minute, so not only was I stuck going to all our family events without my cosmetics bag (pictures of me that year were especially hideous), but I had to borrow money from Sweets to buy all my family's presents.

I'm so paranoid about forgetting stuff now that I'm in the vanpool. What would I do if they dropped me off at my car and I had left my keys in my desk?!

BTW, I'm up 5 lbs. due to holiday cookies. Ugh.

Not so evil Shenanigans said...

Looks like we're in the same boat:) I've often made the trek all the way to the garage and up six floors to realize I've left my keys on my desk. What a dimwit!