Friday, January 23, 2009

Grace in Small Things

One of the blogs I read, 3Carnations turned me on to this idea.

Several bloggers are taking part in Grace in Small Things. The idea is to post 5 things you're thankful for each day. Since I don't typically post everyday, I'll be a little different, but I do plan to try to do this on the days I do post. Stay tuned.

1. I am grateful that when I went in the basement this morning to find clothes for myself, Colby, Sonya and Darrell (since he had surgery on his knee and elbow last Friday and can't make it up and down the steps yet) that I found a nice, clean presentable outfit for each one of us in the mass of folded clothes that I haven't gotten around to putting away yet.

2. I am grateful to have a job to go to (to get away from Darrell who is driving me crazy after his surgery last week - so needy) and that they are very lenient with me as far as what time I get to work. I would be so stressed everyday if I had to worry about being late.

3. I am grateful to be in a place financially that I can help out my dad who is struggling right now. He has been struggling his entire life - lots of depression since my mom died and lots of addictions that I don't really want to know all the details of. Today would have been my parents' 39th wedding anniversary and may have been a partiularly bad day for him, if I hadn't offered him the help. It will still probably be emotional, but hopefully it will be tolerable for him.

4. I am grateful for my son Colby - who always tells me he loves me - even if I am yelling at him to hurry up and get out of the car or he'll be late for school. He is such a loving guy. I hope he never loses that.

5. I am also grateful to Colby for helping Sonya catch her rat this morning and put it back in the cage. It was already a late, chaotic day when she discovered that Stewert had disappeared from his cage and was hiding behind her bed. She couldn't get to him, but Colby got him and the day was saved.

These are kind of silly, I know, but they just came to me as I was typing - and it's still really early in the day. I'm grateful for so many things each day - this will help me remember.

Thanks, 3Cs!

1 comment:

3carnations said...

Very nice. I think it's going to be nice to make sure I think of 5 things to be thankful for each day...Because goodness knows, I have lots to be thankful for.

Also - You have a pet rat? :)