Thursday, January 8, 2009

Holiday weight gain, blah!!!

I joined W eight W atchers in November and as of December 4th I was down 5 pounds. I even got a gold star sticker with a 5 on it for my weight log book. yay! Kinda lame, yes, but it made me happy for a minute.

I had surgery on December 10th (gallbladder removed - almost painless - doing very well now, thank you) and I hadn't been back to a meeting with the time off of work and holidays, etc.

I went to my first meeting of the new year today and I've gained 8 pounds since December 4th. That's not only the 5 I took off, but an extra 3 to boot! What the hell is wrong with me??? Now, I know I'm not alone and blah, blah, blah I will get on track now that the new year has started, but you know I wish a person could just lose the weight and forget it, but that's just not the way it goes.

This week has sucked big toes at work this I'm very stressed here and at home, so it's not been a good week to "start" any new eating programs. Originally, I thought I'd begin again on Monday, but I don't think my body can take it. I must start now. - well, tomorrow because I've already blown it today. I'll try to not blow so much for the rest of the day (too bad for hubby:)) and will go to the grocery store tonight and get the "good" foods I need to do this properly and I'll jump right back on that damned old bandwagon again tomorrow!

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

3carnations said...

I'm sure I gained weight over the holidays. Luckily we don't own a scale, so I am blissfully ignorant. :)

Michelle said...

I gained a few myself, but what can you do right??

Good Luck!!

Not so evil Shenanigans said...

Right, I keep looking at it like - I could have gained 13 pounds instead of 8, it's a good thing I lost a little beforehand.

I'm back on the wagon today and bound to lose at least 4 by my next weigh in on Thursday, we'll see:)