Friday, January 30, 2009

Grace

1. Weekend - though it will be busy. DJ has a bball game tonight in Ste. Gen, Sonya has a tournament tomorrow - who knows how long that will last and I need to go see Heather. We recently bought a laptop on ebay and accidentally had it sent to her dorm instead of here to us. I'm gonna run up for a visit and grab the laptop. I'd rather spend the money on gas to see her than more postage to overnight and insure the laptop. Then, we're supposed to go to a football party on Sunday - so busy, busy week and I've only had 9 hours of sleep in the past 2 days. I'm bushed.

2. I'm thankful that my boss is gone for the day. It's always a little more fun around here when she's gone. We may even skip out a little early.

3. I'm grateful that Ted Haggard is not my husband or my preacher. I saw him on CNN last night and googled him today. Oh My Goodness! What a douchebag!!!! I mean, live your life the way you want it, but don't go around preaching against the exact thing your doing. And add to that list Blago - the gov of IL. You've been impeached - get over it already and shut the hell up!!!! Nobody is interested in your line of bs any longer.

4. I'm grateful for this beautiful, cold winter day. Somehow, it doesn't seem so cold when the sun is shining bright. And it does wonders for your mood too.

5. As always, I'm totally thankful for my wonderful children - crazy as they make me sometimes.


***************************************************************************

OK, my kids have been out of school for 4 days this week because we had 6 or so inches of snow. They totally could have gone yesterday and if not, then absolutely today - but whatever. It's just cost me an arm and a leg to feed all of mine, 3 of my nieces & nephews, 2 of DJs friends and 1 of Colbys.

DJ's friend Devin is always at our house. I really love the kid, but like my own, he can get on my nerves. I am comfortable enough with him though to tell him about it when it happens. I just treat him like one of my own.

Today, I asked Colby to load the dishwasher. I've never asked him to do that before, but there were no clean bowls or glasses when I left this morning and they were all cleaning up so I asked him to try it. He said "When I get it all full, I'll ask one of the geniuses to start it for me." I laughed knowing he was talking about DJ and Devin.

I said "Don't forget to put soap in it!" and he said, "How am I supposed to know how much soap to put in? Oh, don't worry, I'll ask the geniuses."

Fast forward a couple of hours. Sonya calls and her nose is severly stuffed up. So I say, do you want me to have one of the geniuses give you some cold medicine and she said "Well, DJ and Devin are gone to practice and Colby is the only one here and the last time I checked, he's no genius!!! I'll just wait for Dad to get home." Good idea! Whatever am I going to do with this child???

No comments: