Friday, May 2, 2008

A little worried

Darrell finally went to the doctor about a month ago and started taking W ell bu trin. I think that's the reason we have been getting along so well. He doesn't seem to get irritated as quickly as before and we haven't had any real arguments since he started taking it.

Well, he went back to the doc today because he still isn't feeling right and he says he has no energy, is groggy all the time, cannot sleep (must take Am bi en to fall asleep) cannot focus when working on college classes he's taking and all around doesn't care for his life anymore. These are the same symptoms he told the doc about before and he ordered blood tests and put him on the W. Today he started him on a pill like A dd er all - it's an amphetamine - I'm worried that this is going to make him more aggitated and edgy and when I told him so - he jumped down my throat and said that the other stuff was making him feel less worried but that it wasn't good to not worry about stuff! What? No clue what he meant. Sort of a jab at me because I try not to let things I can't control bother me. I fall right to sleep at night from pure exhaustion, but I don't really worry about bills and stuff. We do OK and we're not in financial strain - but he's self employed so I can see that he might get worried if he doesn't have jobs coming in. Also, I tend to be an optimist and think nothing bad will happen and he's totally opposite.

Also, he was told his cholesterol is 250 - I think that's pretty bad, but he didn't give him any medicine for it and he said his B12 is dangerously low and gave him a pill for that. The doc was really worried about the B12 defiency so I'm gonna look it up now to see if there are certain foods he should eat more of. Problem is, he's a red meat and potatoes guy. He will eat corn and a few green beans on occassion, but only if they have bacon grease on them. No idea how we're gonna bring that down. I just got off the phone and told him he really needed to make a decision - if he wanted to continue living like a child and eating like one or if he wanted to live period. He's 40 now and hasn't tasted some vegetables probably since he was 8 or 9 so I think it's time to run the gammut and see if we can find some healthier foods he can enjoy while they help lower his cholesterol.

No comments: