Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Graduation Squared

I'm a crazy these days trying to organize and plan my work's annual graduation ceremony for our students and getting my daughter ready for her own high school graduation. Both of these very important events happen on the very same day! This Friday, I will be running around crazily trying to get everything accomplished. Our graduation here should be over with by 3pm and hers begins at 7pm and I'm 90 minutes from home, so I'm going to have to do a really good job of having things ready by tomorrow night. Tonight is the baccalaureate at her school. I've never been to one, so I don't really know what to expect, but I was told that many of the area preachers/priests, religious figures from our community come and hold a prayer service. We'll see.

Also, Heather turns 18 on Saturday - just one day after graduation. It's a very bittersweet time for me. I know I'm going to miss her so badly when she goes to college but I'm ready for her to start her own journey of life. Also, I don't want her to grow up and be independent, but I'm so excited for the opportunities she has before her. Very emotional time, indeed.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Crazy time indeed! Congratulations on your graduate. I am sure that this is a very bittersweet time, but I know you must be extremely proud. Good luck, let us know how it goes!

kathi said...

Oh, babe. One year ago it was Casey. I understand 100% Still feel the same way and Charlie graduates next year...too much to even think about.

ccw said...

Congratulations to your daughter!

Not so evil Shenanigans said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Not so evil Shenanigans said...

Thanks for the sentiments ladies. I can't believe my baby girl is growing up:)