Monday, April 28, 2008

Dieting Again

My husband decided he wanted to go to church yesterday. I've been going a little bit here and there, but not at all regularly and he probably hasn't been since before Christmas, so I was a little surprised, but was excited about it nonetheless.

I knew they were going to have a picnic after church that day, but had not planned to participate. I was again surprised that he wanted to join in the festivities and the kids were thrilled so off we went. When we got there, we had a wonderful time in fellowship and the kids all went in separate directions with those of their age groups and a good time was had by all. While there, I was asked to join in a Biggest Loser competition. Ten of us each put in $20 and at the end of 8 weeks, whoever has lost the most weight will get $200!!! So, now we'll see if money will motivate me to lose weight since nothing else will. We all weighed in at Doc's office (it was sooo embarrassing, but I figured it was the first step!) and plan to weigh in every Sunday after church (Is this God's way of getting me in the habit of attending church regularly?) So wish me luck!

My plan is to count calories this time. I've done Weight Watchers kind of and I've lost some weight on it, but I'm gonna try sort of a combo now and try to keep my calories down to about 1500 each day. Doc says 1500-1600 is a healthy number, but I'm hungry and this is what I've had so far today...

cereal - 120
milk - 40
coffee/creamer - 50
tomato juice - 60
raw vegetables - 50
frozen lunch - 230
brussel sprouts - 50
salad w/EVOO - 60

That's 660 so far. I plan to have some more raw veggies on my way home and another frozen meal for dinner with some veggies and a salad - then some of these yummy cinnamon streusel ricecake things that are only 90 calories. Then probably a sugar free popsicle or two - they're only 10 cals each so I may just be living off of those for awhile. Almost sounds like I won't have enough calories today, but we'll see.

My blog will probably be overcome with calories and weight loss stuff for awhile, so if it's all boring to you, feel free to skip me for a couple of months and come back when I'm slim and trim:)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Well it sounds like you're off to a good start. We can count together because that is what I am doing as well.

One thing that you need to look at as well is the fiber amount. A woman needs to have about 25g of fiber per day. It helps you lose weight faster and also keeps you full longer. I can give you some food items that I have been enjoying that are low in calories and high in fiber if you want. Just let me know.

Good luck, I know it's hard, but it's so worth it in the end.

3carnations said...

Good luck. Weight loss seems to be a common theme here. I've been kind of off the bandwagon today and yesterday. I should get back on if I want to keep those pants. ;)

It's nice that your husband wanted to go to church with you. I think that's a great sign! :)

ccw said...

Best of luck to you! $200 is certainly an added bonus to the weight loss.

I'm currently on the "Oh crap we lost our income/insurance" diet. It's very effective but I would not wish it on anyone.

Not so evil Shenanigans said...

Michelle - I wasn't even thinking of fiber but I'll bet I need it. I seem to always develop trouble in that area when I'm dieting - it's like my body is rebelling. And yes, send all the tips you can, I'm willing to try anything - well almost anything.

3Cs - I think the nicer weather brings out dieting in people, don't you? Also, I'm very glad my husband wanted to go. I think he is giving a little more effort lately and it certainly shows in our relationship.

CCW - I tend to eat more when I'm stressed so your diet wouldn't work for me. And I certainly hope I never have to try it. Hang in there! It's gotta get better for you.