Monday, April 14, 2008

Frigid temperatures, vodka and warm hearts:)

Had a really good time this weekend. It was ffffrrrreeezzzingggg!!! We had some time to connect with each other and just have actual conversations without being interrupted by kids or having to take someone somewhere or pick someone up. We talked a little about our relationship, but not too much mainly because neither of us wanted to spoil our time there.

I really had fun at the games on Saturday, but we were there from 2pm to almost 2 in the morning. I had to compensate for the cold be consuming many, many drinks containing alcoholic beverages. Soon, it wasn't even that cold. I am totally lying - I froze my ass off the entire time, I guess I just didn't mind so much after a drink or two. And Sunday, we didn't get alot of alone time together because one of the other players had to ride home with us, so the conversation was of a very light nature.

I'm not sure if this was exactly what we needed, but it certainly was a band-aid for our present problems. Hopefully, it is enough to keep the wounds from getting infected and to prove to us that we really do enjoy each other's company and can have a good time and good conversation when we give ourselves the chance. And also that this marriage is worth fighting for - though his other side came out a little last night so tomorrow's post will probably be totally opposite of this one, but I'll take what I can get:)

4 comments:

3carnations said...

Well, moments like you had this weekend are what makes it all worthwhile, right? I hope you have more of them! :)

Not so evil Shenanigans said...

Thanks 3c's - I hope so too. Made me see how much fun we can still have if we put forth the effort.

Michelle said...

Maybe y'all should have a date night once a week, just to make sure you get that chance to connect. I think that is one of the biggest reasons couples find themselves in a unhappy marriage is because they never have "fun" time together.

Even though Micah and I don't get to do it nearly enough, we try to go out once every other month or so. It can make all the difference in the world. Glad y'all had a nice time.

kathi said...

Well, you know what? You sounded hopeful in this post. That's a big thing, it really is. Where there is hope, anything is possible. I'm glad y'all got to reconnect with each other, reminded y'all of what's there...even if it is under the surface a bit lately.