Friday, April 25, 2008

The weekend is finally here!

I don't know why, but this has been a very long week for me. I guess it's because I don't really have much to look forward to this weekend, and last weekend was packed. My 11 year old has a tournament this weekend. I hope it doesn't get rained out. He gets so disappointed when that happens.

My 15 year old son is gone for the whole weekend. He's growing up and I'm just a little sad about it. He's gone with his high school baseball team to Lebanon, MO for a tournament. They're staying in hotels and running around all weekend. I wanted to go with him, but he plays JV and this is really just a varsity tournament so he probably won't even step foot on the field and since Colby is actually playing in a tournament this weekend, I thought it best to stay and watch him. If I'm this sad over a weekend away, I don't know what I'm going to do when Heather leaves for college. I better up the antidepressants now!!!

This morning Sonya said she needed to take some of her clothes to school for Jalynn to wear because Jalynn's mom won't buy her any cute clothes. I know Jalynn's mom and she most certainly does buy Jalynn cute clothes and I told Sonya so. I told her she could not take any clothes to school because she might lose them or Jalynn might forget to bring them back and she said that Jalynn was planning to change in the bathroom before school and at the end of the day, change back into her own clothes. Uhhh....no! Not gonna happen. Can you believe this? In the 3rd grade? Not to mention the fact that Jalynn is about a foot taller than Sonya - I could just see one of Sonya's skirts on her:) Whatever am I gonna do with this child?

One last thing...I cannot seem to get anything done at work because of the internet. Lately, I've been surfing around a really big part of the day. I have got to stop it, but it's so addicting and this is my really busy time of year, so next week - I'm limiting myself to one hour checking internet sites - that's it! No more - at least until my busy time is through.

2 comments:

princess slea said...

i've been spending too much time on you tube lately. once you start looking you just keep clicking more and more links.

my brother in law and i created a fake folk duo (which is actually three people). hate to contribute to your habit but feel free to look us up "McSlea". i've hesitated to put the link on my own blog (embarrassmen issues).

i need to create a link for your blog(on my blog)because when i click the link from your comments, it only opens a tiny little window inside the comment window!

Not so evil Shenanigans said...

PS - I'm gonna check out the you tube stuff of yours today - no use doing any work, it's already 11:00:) And, Blogger does weird things sometimes, huh?