Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sisters & Friends

My sister and I are going to see The W edding S inger tonight - not the Adam Sandler movie - the show at the F ox T heatre. I am sooooo excited. I really enjoy this kind of thing, but my hubby is more of a softball freak. He like outdoorsy, macho things and I like to add a little culture to my life now and then. I know it's just the Wedding Singer - but it is at a real theatre that's not a mega-movies:) That has to count for a little culture, at least, right?

My friend at work is so special, I love her to death. She is several years older than me, but she is teaching me how not to be a hoosier my whole life. I like being a hoosier sometimes, but it's not always appropriate.

Someone gave her the tickets and she gave them to my sister & I. My sister cleans her house (and she and her husband absolutely love her for it). I'm really close to M (my work buddy) and my sister is really close to her husband J. My sis sees J all the time while she's cleaning (he's retired) and they are really amicable. M has commented that she loves my sis for having such a great relationship with J - it gives him something to look forward to. I'm trying to explain this where it doesn't sound icky. It really is a great friendship for J and my sis and for M & me:) M is in her late 50's and J is in his mid 60's, I'm 37 and my sis is 32 - they don't have kids of their own and I think they've sort of taken the two of us under their wing since our mom is gone and our dad stinks!

Anywho, they gave us the tickets, then called last night and said we could only have the tickets if we agreed to let them take us to dinner beforehand. OK, not a problem, there. M said it was J's idea, he doesn't think we get to do anything for ourselves and wants us to have a wonderful night. How sweet! We are sooo excited. It's going to be the perfect day and the perfect night. The weather here will be 70 degrees today. We get to go to dinner with lovely friends (we've never all 4 been together before) and we get to spend time together as sisters doing something for ourselves - I am soooo looking forward to this. Yay --- us!

4 comments:

3carnations said...

Have fun! It sounds great. I had a couple of people "take me under their wing" here years ago, with me living hundreds of miles from my family and becoming newly single here before I met hubby. It was very nice. People can be very kind. :)

M.Amanda said...

That sounds like fun! You'll have some great weather for it.

I always felt a little weird about how I usually seem to more easily befriend people who are quite a bit older than me, like my parents' or grandparents' age. We have less in common, but they do seem to have their stuff together more than people my own age. I'm not big on drama.

Michelle said...

Wow...what great friends. It sounds like a really fun night, and yes I believe that is definitely adding culture to your life.

Have a great time!!

kathi said...

I hope you had a great time. So nice to people in your life that just make you thankful...glad you have them.