Friday, March 21, 2008

Going through the motions

I'm bored at work today. I have lots and lots of stuff that needs done, but don't have the gumption to do any of it. And lots of people are out today for Good Friday, so it's pretty quiet around here. I have so much stuff going on this weekend, it's not even funny and I can't keep from thinking about everything I need to do.

DJ's 15th birthday was Tuesday. He is having a "party" tonight. He's supposed to be playing Rock Band - which we haven't bought yet. Darrell doesn't want to buy it, but I'll probably stop on my way home & get it for him. This is supposed to be a boy/girl party, but I don't know how many of the girls will really show up or boys for that matter, you really can't tell at this age. I guess I'll wait to order pizza until I know for sure who will be there.

Sonya's 9th birthday was Wednesday. Her party is tomorrow at the bowling alley. She invited everyone from her class and all her cousins so it should be a pretty good turn out except for this weekend being Easter. We already had a Dairy Queen cake for her, so I think I'm going to make cupcakes for the bowling alley. I'll have to get up early tomorrow to do that, after cleaning up from DJs party.

Then Sunday - who knows, I really didn't want to do it at my house (that's where we always get together) Typically, I really enjoy having people over, but with all the parties already happening, I'm not sure I can handle 3 in one weekend. Last night I went to my in-laws to try to get some plans made with them for Easter (No one is this family ever makes plans until the last possible minute.) They said they didn't care, they assumed we'd do it at my house. We have the best place for outside stuff, we have 26 acres and there are G-ma & G-pa, 7 kids, with spouses, kids, grandkids, great-grandkids. It's certainly a crew so it's no small feat to have everyone over. Plus it's supposed to rain some, maybe. So, I guess we'll just wait until Sunday morning and decide. Now they think they may do it at their house, so that sounds good to me.

I've been feeling pretty shittly lately, haven't been taking my meds like I should & I can feel it. I'm really testy with the kids and I've been arguing with my husband even more than normal these days.

He's going to KC to play softball in a couple of weeks and it falls on the same weekend as his 40th birthday so he wants me to go on the trip with him. I really do not want to go. I've been to KC several times in the last several years while he played there and it's a long drive to watch someone play softball, when I could do that at home. I'll go though, and give it the 'ole college try. Who knows, maybe we'll connect again. He thinks this is what life is supposed to be I guess. I know I sure want more from it, right now, it just feels like I'm going through the motions.

6 comments:

kathi said...

Guys can be idiots, no denying that. But, sure would miss them if they were gone.
I think guys think that as long as you can make it through to the next day, week, month...it's all good. Women, we've day dreamed of our 'prince' since we were little with cinderella like stories...soap operas even. Just not real.
As old as I am, I'm still believin' my prince is gonna show up though. Hoping, anyway. :)

And, girl, you've got your hands full this weekend. I miss when the kids were young and we did things like this, but I don't miss the exhaustion! Lifting you up!

Deb said...

Wow. Sounds just like my sis. She's got a couple of kids and parties to go to every single weekend. Most of the parties she holds, which can get so exhausting and tiring that when it's time to go back to work on Monday- you have absolutely no motivation other than to just stay under the covers.

Sorry you're going through a rough patch... You're in my thoughts and prayers.

I finally found your blog again - did you change the url? I'm not even sure if this is the "right Shannon". Hrmm...

M.Amanda said...

Sorry to hear about your problems. Boys are dumb. Hope you get your connection.

I'm exhausted going to events, how do manage to host multiple parties? I think that calls for some vacation time.

Not so evil Shenanigans said...

Kathi - Exhaustion has set in.

Deb - Rough Patch has set in.

SC - I was going to take a vac day today but my secretary called last night to say she needed to take one, so I am here. It's OK though, I actually don't want to be home right now, sad huh?

Thanks for thinking of me ladies, I'll come out of it, but for now, I'm just wallowing:)

ccw said...

I'm exhausted reading about the parties!

Sorry things are rough again. I hope the two of you get on the same page again and soon.

Michelle said...

Hope you've recovered from your weekend. Prayin' for you!!