Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday - hardly no work and lots of docs

I've got two of my kids with me today at work. Colby had an appt with the urologist. We thought he had another hernia, he's had one on each side already and we thought the one was back, but the doc came in and felt around on his groin area for about 3 minutes, said it was fine, I paid my $30 and we left. Easy, peasy and no more surgery - oh, and I'm out $30 bucks for him to tell me my son is normal:) I know, I shouldn't gripe about the money, I should be glad nothing is wrong and I am, it just stinks that you have to pay $10 a minute to find that out - that's more expensive than the L IVE G IRLS - H OT 4 U - that all you have to do is call the 900 number:)

Heather has an appt with the therapist. She's seen her twice before and thought she should have at least one more talk before heading off to college. She's pretty normal too, just going through some teenage stuff from a girl whose stepdad is waaaaay too overprotective. She was getting depressed and crying alot (I know the feeling - he makes me cry alot too, cuz he's such an ass most of the time) - anywho, I just wanted her to know that that kind of help was available to her and that it was nothing to be ashamed about. If she needed to talk things out with someone other than me, then she has that option. Along with her physical health, I want her to understand that her mental health is just as important and that she should seek help if needed.

The show at the Fox the other night was pretty good - but the company with my sister and my friend from work was phenomenal. We had such a great time and vowed to do it more often. My sister wants she and I and Heather to all go on a weekend roadtrip this summer before Heather leaves for college. I hope we make it happen!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I am glad that y'all had a wonderful time. It's good to be able to have some girl time. And I hope that you are able to make that road trip happen, it would be such a special event.

kathi said...

Road trip...now that sounds great to me!!!

princess slea said...

nothing like real girl time. we can revert to being 20 again and just laugh and giggle and "be who we is."

glad you had a good night.