Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Anybody want to trade my puppy for a baby?

I swear it was easier to have kids than this darned dog! He is a real pain! We have him outside for long periods of time and then he comes inside to "do his business" on the carpet!

I'm sick of all the animals in my house. We have 2 outside dogs, one of which tries to come inside everytime you open the door. One inside puppy - Big mistake I'm really regretting! 3 inside cats - one of which is pregnant - they were all 3 strays - NO MORE STRAYS for me - I don't care how miserable they look! 5 fish - 4 gerbils - at least one of them is probably pregnant. I know, I'm not a very responsible pet owner. The cat is getting fixed after this litter, the other two are already fixed. The dogs are fixed. The puppy will be when he's 16 weeks - if he makes it that long! As for the gerbils, I don't know what to do about them. I'm considering letting them go "into the wild" of the woods by our house. Has anyone ever heard of wild gerbils? The pet store doesn't want them - and why the hell not. Remember the exhorbitant fee they wanted for one on Christmas?

Most of the time, I'm the one that feeds them, cleans up their poop, I force the kids to do it sometimes, but I'm the main man, so to speak and I have to take all morning duties, because everyone is in such a rush. How did this happen to me? I've completely lost control of my children, my pets, my home and my mind? Is it possible to do a total switcheroo and become someone they've never met before - someone they think they have to listen to?

1 comment:

kathi said...

I feel like this every single time I do cat litter at night and when I've found a mess left by a dog...trust me. Then, they look at me, cuddle up with me and follow make me laugh when I need to. Guess it all evens itself out. :)