Wednesday, May 30, 2007

In a Funk

I'm in a funk today. I woke up mad that I had to get up. Sometimes I just start the day wrong. I went to bed in a bad mood and I guess it just carried over & now I can't seem to shake it.

Darrell was griping at Colby last night because he had a bad game, not really, he struck out once, walked once, popped up once & got a basehit, but Darrell thought he wasn't trying hard enough. The conversation ended with Colby crying, me getting p*ssed that he was making such a big deal about a baseball game (come on, what kid goes into the batter's box and DOESN'T try?) Not mine - they live for baseball and they do their best. Why make it hard for them to like the sport?

I have a really hard time getting up on time - I can be at work anytime before 9, but I have to work 8 hours, so if I don't get there til 9, I can't leave til 5:30 and with a 1 1/2 hour commute, I don't get home until at least 7. I'm changing my hours for the summer to 7:30 - 4 so I can get home earlier in the evening & spend time with the kids. If I can leave hours before they wake up, it won't seem like I'm gone so much. Anyway, I didn't get up til after 7 this morning so I was late - Life just sucks today.

Then I had an argument with Darrell again. It's summer now so we have extra kids at our house all the time and we had two extras last night. I didn't go to the grocery store because I had to go to two baseball games, so there's nothing to eat. I asked him to get them something this morning. He just calls & says he's going to pick up McDonalds for two of them because the others already ate waffles - HUH UH! No way, you're going to bring McDonald's for everyone - it's not fair to bring it just for a couple - He was like, I was going to bring it for all of them - Fine, then just do it.

More later,
Shannon

1 comment:

kathi said...

Babe, instead of changing hours, I'd change jobs. Such a long commute! Of course I say that, and I've been looking for a new job for over a year...

Sad when you don't lift a kid up, encouragement is such great motivation.