Thursday, May 24, 2007

You might be a busy momma if....

you go to work without your shoes on...

It was the first pretty day we'd had in a while and I really wanted to wear sandals, but my toenails were not painted yet for spring (or any other season). Don't say I could have gone with naked toes, because you haven't seen my toes. I have a funky toe. It's got a fungus and it is really disgusting - so I absolutely cannot force anyone other than those in my immediate family to see my toe unless it is polished.

Anyway, I decided to throw some polish on them real quick and let it dry in the car on the way to work. I got about 65 miles from home when I stopped for gas. I looked in the backseat for my shoes, but they weren't there. I searched the car - to no avail. I must have left them sitting on the couch as I walked out the door.

I had to get gas barefoot (luckily I use my debit card at the outside pump, so I didn't have to go inside.) I then drove to Walgreens and walked in barefoot (no one even noticed) and straight back to the flip flops (in my day, we called them thongs, but not anymore:). I purchased a very stylish pair of black flip flops to wear with my dress capris and business shirt - it was a rather interesting outfit, but hey, at least I got to work.

More later, Shannon

2 comments:

kathi said...

Now I'm catching up on your blog, and this was a great place to start. Made me smile, and something I could so relate to (only I have pretty toes, LOL).
Thanks for the comment and for leading me here.

Not so evil Shenanigans said...

yeah, i've seen the fact that you have pretty toes mentioned on your blog a time or two - :)