Friday, October 29, 2010

The Weekend

Darrell took Colby hunting this weekend, DJ is spending time with friends (not hunting, thanks to a couple of girls who shall remain nameless) and Sonya is going to Six Flags tomorrow with her friend and will spend all night. That means, wait for it......I will have the house completely to myself for several hours if not at least one full day. YIPPEE!!!

I plan to do a whole lotta nothin'! Watch TV - finish the Sookie Stackhouse book I'm reading right now - do a little homework - eat - lounge with the cat & dog. Really nothing worth mentioning. I'm hoping to just let my brain rest. And hopefully, I'll be able to come up with a plan to get my ass in gear to make some changes in my life.

I'm so damned tired all the time and I know it's because I've gained so much weight. I can't seem to drop it - I don't really think it has much to do with my diet (though it's not the greatest) but more to do with the fact that I just don't move. Having a sedentiary job and driving 3 hours each day doesn't do wonders for ass expansion!!! Or whole body expansion for that matter. I think this extra weight is causing me to feel crappy and I'm sick of it.

I cannot get up in the morning. I stay up too late and it's a vicious circle. I get up late, get to work late, leave work late, get home late, fix dinner late, clean up late and go to bed late - I'm constantly racing with the clock and I feel like a hampster on an exercise wheel! I hope to get everything done for the week by Sunday and start the week fresh with meals planned, groceries bought & put away, laundry done & put away, yada, yada, yada - then I wonder how my week will go. I think it will go swimmingly!

I started following a new blog describing Shay Kelly's project to visit all 50 states in 50 weeks and donate 200 canned goods a week to the homeless. She's doing some other things too and this website will tell you all about it. Anyway - she said this is the trick to setting goals...

Goals should be...
Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Revisable
Timely
Challenging

If you hit 80% of your goal - it is a good goal - anything less and it's too hard, anything more and it's too easy. I'm gonna try to develop some goals this weekend - for weight management, exercise and time management. I'll keep you informed on how things go.

No comments: