Monday, October 18, 2010

Another Beginning

Dear Blog - I'm so sorry I've neglected you for so long! I'm gonna try this again. I have a friend on facebook that started a new blog and I've so enjoyed reading hers that I thought I'd give it another shot. So here goes...

All is well in my household - or as well as it could be, I suppose. I don't foresee any big changes in the future - so I guess we're all good.

Heather is engaged to Wesley. They've been dating for a year now and he gave her a ring and proposed on their 1 year anniversary. They're planning to have a long engagement and I'm glad - I want her to get her degree and make sure she is able to take advantage of her youth in a way that I didn't. I'm realizing more and more every day though that what I want for her and what she decides to do are far apart sometimes and I have to let her make her own mistakes and make the decisions she feels are best for her life, even if I "know" they're gonna come back to bite her in the end.

DJ is a senior in high school and just itching to be a "grown up". Why in the hell would anyone want to do that? Being a grown up sucks eggs, seriously! Thinking about Senior stuff, announcements for graduation, senior pics, etc. He's in a little trouble right now regarding some girl drama, but I'm hoping he'll come out on the other side a little wiser than he went in. We'll see if he can learn from his mistakes.

Colby's 14th birthday is Thursday. Not sure what we'll do for him. We always have big get togethers, but this year, I don't know. Money is tight, so there's no big party - maybe we'll just invite some friends to play baseball - he usually likes that, but girls have entered the picture, so I'm not sure what he'll want.

Sonya is 11 and on her own path. She doesn't really need anyone except for the basic life requirements - she's pretty sure of herself, can take matters into her own hands, and makes decisions pretty well for herself. I'm not sure if this is all good though because sometimes I just want her to be my little girl and sometimes I get darned right pissed at the way she acts, but that is so with all of my children.

My husband, Darrell, is struggling with his body shop. He hasn't had much business and his heart just isn't in it. He really wants to get a "real" job and I'd be glad for that too. Not only for the financial stability, but also for the interaction he would have with others. I think he spends too much time alone up in that garage and sometimes I think it makes him a little batty - and hard to be around. We'll keep looking and hopefully a good opportunity will come along.

I'm finishing up my last two classes for my undergrad degree. I'm excited but know I'll probably end up moving on for my masters. I'm a lifetime learner:)

Just a quick note about how much fun I had this weekend with my sister, Shelly & my nephew & niece, Jacob & Madison. They went to Six Flags with me, Colby & Sonya and Shelly & I laughed our heads off. We all had a good time and of course, vowed to get together more often. We really need to do that. My sister and I talk on the phone usually every day, but I miss that face-to-face contact with her. And I really want my kids to be close to their cousins - and her kids don't have that much family - so I want them to have the opportunity to have close family.

Had a baby shower for my niece Sarah yesterday. It was a little awkward but our family get togethers are becoming more and more like that lately, it's sad. I hate that this side of the family is going through some adjustment, but I feel I just cannot keep my mouth shut to keep the peace any longer and I feel strongly that I have to let others know how I feel or I can only blame myself for feeling crapped on. So there - a little cryptic - but you know how family is...

Until next time (hopefully, not a year)...

No comments: