Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Summer Stuff

Colby is a district champion once again!!! His team won the 12-year-old district this past weekend. We are headed to state in Cape Girardeau this weekend and if we win that, it's on to Nebraska. He has dreams of the Little League World Series in Maryland this year - we shall see...

Sonya left to spend a few days with Heather today. She and my niece Maddi, went to Columbia to stay in Heather's apartment with her. My hubby is beside himself with worry, he just knows SOMETHING will happen to her. They all promised to be SAFE< SAFE< SAFE = Lord, please keep them near and safe on all of their journeys this week.

Gosh, the summer is just flying by, isn't it? My kids start school again in only a few short weeks, then it's back to the old routine. I've been enjoying getting up and leaving the house within a few minutes each morning. That sure won't happen when they all go back to school.

I've been using this Jergen's lotion on my arms & legs lately - the kind that has a little darker tone to it. I don't want to go to a tanning bed and I am rarely in the sun, but my fat looks alot better brown than it does white, so I'm schmearing this stuff in every chance I get. I find that as long as I mix it together with a little regular lotion, I don't have any streaks at all. It is really making a difference.

4 comments:

3carnations said...

"my fat looks better brown than it does white". That made me chuckle.

I rarely wear sandals because I am usually doing some major walking or running around when I'm outside, so I prefer sneakers. Therefore, I have sock marks. So cool.

Congrats to your son!

Brett said...

The saying goes that “There's a book inside all of us”, well here is a chance to let your book out. The wonderful people over at Blurb have given me 3 vouchers worth £30 off a Blurb book and to be in with a chance at winning just pop over to my blog.

kathi said...

I remember those days when summer was coming to an end...I get'cha.

Tanned fat always looks better than white fat. :) Try Tan Towels sold on QVC or is it HSN? Whatever, I bought 3 packs of it last summer, GREAT STUFF.

Anonymous said...

I thought the Little League World Series was held in Pennsylvania.