Monday, May 16, 2011

I'm doing the same thing

It's graduation time at my work! I'm in charge of alot of the events surrounding graduation and the end of the semester and it's unbelievably busy this time of year. Especially this year...graduation falls on my birthday this year -yay, me! My oldest daughter's 21st birthday is this same week - we must celebrate and celebrate big! My son's high school graduation is next week - and with that all the planning of which family members will come, planning a graduation party for him, will it rain, will it be too hot, yada, yada, yada.

This time of year I depend on my faculty to do certain things and get them in to me so I can complete graduation plans. It's always difficult to get certain members of my faculty to cooperate on deadlines - a handful are ALWAYS late and it throws my system off. If I set the deadlines earlier to allow for this, they catch on and turn things in late anyway. It's unbearable sometimes.

Today, I found that I am doing the same thing. While graduation is first on my agenda right now, there are others within the University that are working toward other goals and twice today, I find that I have forgotten deadlines and caused their systems to breakdown. It sucks to figure out that you are just as bad as the people you are complaining about.

I better get back to my to-do list and make sure I'm not late on anything else. Yeah, like that's gonna happen - I'm late for everything!

No comments: