Thursday, July 16, 2009

Finally, A New Post

Well, I'm back...

Work has slowed down a little and when I say that I mean my to-do list has gone from 6 pages down to 3. I still should be working instead of blogging, but hey, ya gotta have a little fun, right?

Everybody is good. Heather is still in Columbia, DJ is 16 and has taken over the road, Colby is heading for the district baseball tournament this weekend and has the Little League World Series in his dreams and Sonya wants to move her room to the basement. Same ole, same ole...

Funny story...

I won a gift certificate for a haircut at a fancy salon last year and made an appt. It was a fun experience, the guy played around with my hair for awhile, "getting to know it" and then gave me a pretty decent haircut. He was disgusted that I still had some old perm in it from a few years back and when he cut it out, he declared "There! Now thanks to the metal eraser (scissors) you'll never have to admit to having had a perm again!" OK, what about all my high school pictures that are all teeth and hair - I'm not willing to take the metal eraser to those just yet:)

So, I liked the haircut and decided to go back. When I did, I was a little shell shocked when I found out his haircuts were $50. Fifty bucks may not sound like a lot to some of you, but trust me, when you're used to getting haircuts at Sam's (Walmart) Salon for $12, you're a little flabbergasted to find out you owe $50 plus tip!!! I paid it and thought to myself - unless this haircut makes me look 20 pounds lighter, I ain't comin' back!

I went to my little hometown beauty parlor (yes, we still call them parlors in Potosi) to get a body wave (I'm sorry, I'm a product of the 80's and I hate my hair unless it's at least a little poofy!) and I told her about my experience with the fancy-schmancy salon. She found the story comical and as she was looking down at my head said "Oh, you have a tick in your head, let me get it out for you! That's the 2nd tick I've found on someone this week!"

Now...what do you think the hairdresser to the STL society would have done if he had found that tick in my head????? I'm just sayin' - I think I'll be stickin' with DeDe's Hair Biz from now on:)

Yep, I'm back.

3 comments:

kathi said...

You had a tick?? I don't think I've ever known anyone who actually had a tick. Are you in the woods alot? Yeah, the expensive guy would have hit the floor, that'd been worth the $50 for that. :) I'm with you though. I keep my hair short and I cut it most of the time until I've let it grown too long to be comfy with cutting. Tip and cut, around $20. Occasionally I'll go somewhere more expensive and always wonder why after I've left.

3carnations said...

Welcome back!

$50 haircut? Yikes. A few years ago I gave up my "expensive" haircuts, and they were $25.

Now I get my hair cut at the mall for $16. When I get it cut. I think I'm on the 3 times a year plan right now.

Not so evil Shenanigans said...

Kathi - I rarely get ticks, but my boys find them on themselves all the time. We live in the country, country.

3Cs - I can't tell you the last time I got my haircut before this, probably before the holidays - I'm terrible about upkeep so I could never have a trendy cut!