Friday, August 29, 2008

Wow - ed and Shocked - all in the same night

I was undecided before this speech and though I've only been able to vote in 7 presidential elections, I've always voted Democrat, but this time, I just wasn't sure.

At first, I thought Obama all the way and then after reading a some posts on the internet, I began to think that I should at least listen to what McCain had to say.

When I watched that speech last night, I was wowed. He did say exactly what I wanted to hear, I'll give you that and he backed it up somewhat by trying to say how he was going to come up with the money to get all this done, but I need to hear more about that.

I'm going to listen to McCain Monday and see if I feel the same emotions as when I heard Obama. I may not have made my decision completely by then, but I plan to learn alot about these candidates and make an informed decision - not just an emotional one.

Weird thing is, my father-in-law is a true Bush supporter, against what MLK, Jr was about - the whole nine yards and usually my husband is in total agreement with his dad's political views. When we watched the speech last night, he shocked me by saying that he was considering voting for Obama. I think this is the first time we've ever agreed on a consideration of a presidential candidate - hmmm, there may be hope for us yet.

2 comments:

princess slea said...

I too am on the fence. I was a Clinton supporter and when she lost the nom, i was leaning Mccain.
i started to look at Obama and then he began changing his tune on a lot of his "big" campaign statements. He would mimic Hilary's answers that people gave her shit for in the primaries. (meeting with certain foreign leaders for example, in the primaries he was all "i'll meet with anyone anytime" and Hil said "i will not, there will have to be certain provision made first." then once Obama got the nom, he's all "well, obviously i won't JUST meet with any foreign leader without certain stipulations." GAH).

Anyway, so I was strongly leaning toward McCain until he announced his VP and now I am completely insulted. There is no way she could lead the country if something were to happen to McCain.It's like he chose her just appease us females, as if just any woman will do.

now i am officially in the "throwing my vote away for ralph nader" category.

Not so evil Shenanigans said...

I know, I totally agree. And the weird thing is my husband, was like, you'd be against her strictly because she has kids? I just couldn't imagine her running the country with a newborn with Down's Syndrome. If her kids were older, I could come to terms with it, but a newborn? I just can't get my head around how that would work - and...

There's lots of stuff I would like to do and that I feel totally qualified to do, but I don't because it's not in the best interest of my children - and I don't know how I feel about her not putting her children's needs first, you know?