Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Ready for Christmas...

It's been awhile since I posted, so I thought I'd update you all. Things are going pretty well in our house this week. My husband and I spent some time out with friends this weekend and it seemed to bring us a little closer. Maybe that's what we need and I told him so. We used to spend time alone every weekend and we haven't done that since I don't know when. When we did this weekend, it was enjoyable and I remembered some things I love about him, so we'll try to continue to spend couple time as much as possible.

I've just about got my kid's Christmas presents bought - but found today that Heather is way overboard - I usually try to keep them all the same - but I'm so excited about two of her gifts, I just cannot take anything back - and no one will really know but me because most of her stuff is clothes. She asked for this perfume - Princess by Vera Wang - Heather is a self-proclaimed princess and I got it - she's gonna be so excited - it will be a total surprise unlike most of her presents of clothing. Also, I ordered her this really expensive flat iron for her hair. It's supposed to be what all the models use and she straightens her hair everyday - I cannot wait for her to open these two gifts - and no one will know how expensive they were. I mean - who would think someone would be dumb enough to pay $100 for a flat iron:) It has been so difficult the last few years getting her things that she doesn't know about because I can't buy her clothes without her being with me and last year I did the gift card thing - but it was kind of a let down on Christmas morning - but probably only for me - not her. Anyway - I'm excited about Christmas.

I think all my kids will be extremely happy - I may have a little more to do for Sonya - when I counted everything up - she was a little short - I try to keep things kind of equal and she did get some clothes - so I want to make sure Colby doesn't have the most (everyone thinks he's my favorite - but as all of you know - there's no such thing in a mother's heart).

5 comments:

kathi said...

I'm glad to see you post. I check on you quite a bit, so it was great seeing something new and finding out that you and your husband had some good quality time together.
It's understandable for your son to be so upset when y'all fight, every kid wants their parents together, otherwise it's the 'unknown' and that scares a kid. It scares us as adults. :) So, I'm glad to hear that your heart remembered some good stuff about what you fell in love with.

Christmas...geeze, I just dunno.

princess slea said...

i payed $100 for a flat iron! i had a cheap kmart one and it just didn't leave my hair feeling silky like at the salon (ha, i sound like a commercial). my stylist told me it makes a big difference and i agree.
your daughter will really appreciate that gift.

i have about 4 more items for my daughter than my son. she is just so much easier for me to buy for because she likes all the same things i did as a little girl. stickers, little notepads, dolls, glitter things...
my son pretty much likes trucks, cars, trains. i'm putting my husband in charge of buying him a few more things.

Michelle said...

Glad to see you posting again. I think that you are making a smart choice for now with your marriage, and spending time with just each other can definitely start to nurture and mend what has been broken.

I'm the same when it comes to presents with my kids. We try to have the exact same amount for each one, so it doesn't seem like one child is opening more or less than the other. I hope ya'll have a wonderful Christmas!!

3carnations said...

I'm glad to hear things are improving.

My son likes everything, but cars, trucks and trains are way up there on his list. :)

ccw said...

I'm so glad to read that things are going better. The difference is noticeable from this post to the previous ones.

I am excited for Christmas, too. I cannot wait for my kids to open their presents. I think they will really like everything.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas together.

(Could you let me know if the expensive flat iron is better than the cheap ones? I have considered one but didn't want to possibly be wasting money)