Friday, December 21, 2007

I have my two youngest kids at work with me today. Colby had to go get some labs done - an ultrasound (he may have another hernia -would be his third) so I brought them both with me. They have been pretty good - but they get loud sometimes, just like they're at home. It's been pretty quiet today - not many people at the university once the students have been dismissed for the semester so it hasn't been a big deal. Except, Colby begs and begs to come to work with me and when he gets here - he is watching the clock all day for the time to come when we can go home! I don't know what is up with that kid.

We went to DJs basketball game last night. It was the first time he got to play. He was in for the last 1:07 minutes. I was a little disappointed that he only got to play for that amount of time, but he was happy so I am happy!

Things with hubby are a little better. He's still getting really crabby, but I'm trying to remind him gently to check his attitude at the door and I think he is working on it. He's been letting Heather have a little more freedom. He lets her know he did her a favor when she gets home - but at least she gets to go. It still really makes me mad how he treats all of our kids, Heather and DJ especially, but I'm trying to make this work a little at a time.

I'm not quite finished with Christmas shopping yet, but we will hopefully finish up tomorrow. Just Darrell and I will start early tomorrow and probably end late, but hopefully we'll get everything done and still have a couple of days off of work to wrap things and enjoy the time off.

Well, everyone - I don't usually post when I'm not at work - but I may so in case I don't, I hope all of my blog friends have a happy holiday and here are my best wishes for a happy new year!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Merry Christmas!!

kathi said...

Merry Christmas my friend. My prayer for you this new year is that you would be sensitive to the leading and guiding of God's Holy Spirit and find the peace that comes with it. Much love to you and yours.