Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Jim Edmonds is leaving the St. Louis Cardinals:((

My boys are devastated! Jim Edmonds has been a golden glove centerfielder for the Cardinals for 7 years and he was DJs all-time favorite player. My boys follow baseball religiously and they're both so upset! It kinda reminded me of how boys used to feel about baseball players back in the day - they're so sad that we're losing him that they want to kill the coach, Tony LaRusa. I'm sad to see him go because he is damned cute, has a gorgeous smile and looks great in his uniform! Last night Colby asked me if I would dump Dad for Jim Edmonds and I said 'in a heartbeat' - He just laughed!

We had our annual staff Christmas lunch today. I was hoping to be told we'd get a bonus, but no chance! Bad part is I used to work in a different department for the same place and there we got $500! I wasn't really counting on it, but it sure would have been nice:)

Just talked to hubby on the phone and he sure seems like he's in a bad mood! I feel a sinus infection coming on and was hoping to go straight home and get some rest - I hope he gets over his crankiness before I get there.

Sonya (my 8 year old) decided a couple of weeks ago she was going to become a vegetarian. She made signs and picketed our home to "Save the Animals" - she never wanted to eat another animal as long as she lived. She did really well with it eating fruits, vegetables - lots of peanut butter and Ramen noodles until we went to McDonald's - she ordered Chicken McNuggets and said she'd be a vegetarian another time, maybe in the summertime when it's easier - go figure!

1 comment:

kathi said...

Sorry about the no bonus thing...feel you there.

Praying for your sinus infection and your hubby's bad mood. :)

Love your little girl. Charlie does that too, and he's 17. I became a vegetarian at 13 and never went back.