Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving Wishes

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy & safe Thanksgiving. I will be picking up my sister and niece & nephew after work today. They will spend all night tonight & her hubby will follow tomorrow morn. She lives about 1 1/2 hours from me & wants to be there to help prepare - I'm looking so forward to it - hopefully, we'll have a couple of drinks, relax, talk & laugh & laugh - I'm sure we'll do some preparations for Thursday, too.

Her son, Jacob is 12, right between my two sons so they all get along very well, they'll probably play video games all night and her daughter, Madison is the very same age as my Sonya (they're only 4 weeks apart). Madison has rented Annie and wants me to print the words out so the two of them can put on a show for us. That should be hilarious.

She'll spend the night Thursday too and we'll get up at the crack of dawn for some shopping - I know it's crazy but the two of us had so much fun last year running around and getting the bargains - we're both really looking forward to it.

I'm so very grateful for my little sister - we are so close, I don't know what I would do without her. Sometimes, she is my rock and sometimes I am hers - we're there for each other without any of the bs some families face. We lost our mom when we were only 17 and 22 - and it's been a rough road these past 15 years, but we've gotten each other through it and we're alot closer from the experience.

I'm also so very thankful for my children and also for my husband though we aren't always on the same page. I'm glad we are all healthy and have plenty to eat and a roof above us. Thank you God for the blessings you have given me.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

3 comments:

3carnations said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! Have a fun time with your family - Sounds like a blast! :)

kathi said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Your post nearly made me cry. I'm so thankful that you are so blessed with ther relationship you and your sister have. That's wonderful. I hope y'all have the best time ever.

Michelle said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Hope you find some great bargains...my sister and I have done the Day after Thanksgiving sales before and we had a blast too!! Happy Shopping. ;)