Friday, November 16, 2007

Deer Season in Missouri - Yay!

Husband is gone this morning and son will be leaving tonight - yay! I love chilly weekends when the boys are gone. My youngest son will be home, but he's a sweetheart and won't bug me too much.

Gonna try to get a little more housework done to continue on my spree from last weekend and try to get some stuff in order for Turkey Day! But mostly, I'm looking forward to just vegging out in front of the TV, reading & eating, eating, eating:)

On another note, I just want to say that I am so thankful to God that I have been blessed so much by Him. I have 4 wonderfully, healthy children - my health and that of my husband is good and we don't have alot of money, etc. worries like some do. - We're not rich, by far, but we can usually pay our electric bill when it comes - though sometimes, we do have to do it in two payments:) Anyway - Heather, 17 has a friend with cystic fibrosis and she is in the hospital with it now. Heather visited her yesterday and had many stories last night of the hard life this girl has had for the last 17 years - her life expectancy is only 25-30. Very, very sad - but the girl just wants to be treated the same as everyone.

Also, this morning I was listening to a fund raiser on the radio for St. Louis Children's Hospital and lots of patients & their parents told stories of their illnesses and how difficult it had been on their entire families. Makes me so glad to be so blessed and my heart truly hurts for these children and their families.

Thank you God for the blessings you have bestowed upon me.

1 comment:

kathi said...

Okay, enough with making me cry. I, too, am so thankful for your many blessings, and I know that He is thankful that you appreciate and acknowledge them.