Monday, March 11, 2013

Weight Loss and Weekends

So over the past few years I've been letting myself go and not just my weight!! I've been sloppy about my clothes and my hair. Now part of this is because of my financial situation so it's not all because I'm a fat-ass but regardless, somehow I've become a middle aged (hmmm, I struggled with this word and didn't think it could be used to describe myself but I am almost 43 so if I live to be 86, that's middle aged!). Anywho, suddenly I'm a middle-aged frumpy woman!! I don't want to be that!!

Usually when I'm trying to lose weight, I'm looking for instant gratification. I hate, hate, hate that it takes so freaking long to lose weight!  In the past, I would have celebrated a 5 pound weight loss with a Blizzard from DQ.  That was before I saw this pin...



This time around I've decided to kind of start doing some things that make me feel good in the process to help keep me motivated!  I got a new haircut (which I really don't like but it's growing on me:), with a little color.  I bought a few new makeup products to help me look better - I absolutely love new mascara!  If I ever win the lottery, I will buy a new tube of mascara every week!  So, little things like a new bra (or in my case, big things like a new bra) can make you feel like a million bucks without adding to your hips!  

So, I can finally say I'm down 20 pounds.  I use the Lose It app and went to see when I started this latest diet and it only gives me calculations for 4 weeks, which sucks - but whatcha gonna do??  Anyway, I started tracking my food again on January 30, 2013 and I think a couple days before that is when I weighed in at a whopping 205!!!!!  My scale this morning said this...


That's 20 motha f'ing pounds, Sweet Pea!!!  Whoopee!!!  Now, to continue.....this isn't the first time I've lost 20 but it's the first time in a long time.  Here were my 205 pics.  I really don't want to do this.  I wish I would have taken some better ones - with more clothes but I didn't so here it is.  I promise you folks, it's not pretty but I had to start somewhere and I'm hoping to never ever see this again...







OK, that's done, now let's move along...

So, I've been so proud of myself and really using the app on my phone to help me make better choices.  I've been eating alot of eggs, almonds, bananas, Smart Ones (which I'd like to get away from) and if I MUST eat out, I've been using my app to help me decide what to eat.  It's amazing how many calories some things have in them.  Meals that I would have previously thought weren't too bad, when I check them out I'm like - no wonder I'm a fat ass!!!

Hubs has taken to bowling lately and we were at the bowling alley Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday - UGH!!  Not my ideal weekend but we did have a really good time and spent some quality time together.  I did get a lot of compliments from him on my appearance Friday and Saturday night and he's been extra attentive lately.  I honestly can't imagine my life without that man - he really has been my rock - the rock I'd like to bash against the side of a brick building some days but I absolutely know he will be by my side through whatever life throws my way.  I can't wait to see what the next phase of our lives is like, now that two of our kids are out on their own and we have two teenagers left in the house.  I'm hoping he mellows a little but when things with the kids get a little rough, I'm glad I can depend on him to be the strict one - if it was just me, I know they'd run wild!!!

Here's one more pic of me before heading out Saturday night.  I wanted to get one of the both of us together but after the beer started flowing I forgot all about taking pictures. 






















No comments: