Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Shit ton of work and a new dress

Just left a meeting and figured out I have a shit ton of work to do and I don't even know where to begin so I've decided to update my blog instead.  In the past couple of years my job has shifted to more task oriented to project based.  I have several huge projects that I'm responsible for in the run of each year and I need something to keep me on track since I've always just done tasks associated with projects but I've not been responsible for the whole project like I am now.  Getting ready to start using Microsoft Project and wondering if anyone (this would be great if I had actual followers:)) used this and how it worked for them.

I wore a new dress to work today.  I bought it from Land's End on clearance a few months ago and it's kind of a jersey dress.  The top is kind of a faux wrap so I look like June Cleavage today - just need my pearl necklace....or not!!  It's a royalish blue and I am getting complimented every time I see someone - Yay! for me!  I don't know if it's the extra boobage I've got going on or that I'm walking with my head held a little higher these days.  Confidence really does attract attention.  Whatever it is, I'll take it.  
 Don't you just love when someone tells you "you look great today!"  - thanks, but I guess that means I looked like shit yesterday???  No, really.  I'll take whatever compliments I can get:)  They help keep me motivated!When I first started working here about twelve years ago, my wardrobe consisted mainly of dresses and skirts.  For the past five or so years, I've noticed I hardly ever wear anything but slacks now and that sucks.  I love dresses and skirts so I'm making it a point to re-introduce them to my stale wardrobe so hopefully that will help to keep the motivation going, too!


No comments: