Friday, October 17, 2008

Get on the bus!!!!

OK, I know I haven't posted in awhile - but you know how it goes.

Conversation on Thursday with my College Kid

Her: Mom, Jess and I are thinking about coming home this weekend. I told her I'd pay half the gas.

Me: OK

Her (1 hour later): Mom, Jess doesn't know if she's coming home. I'm going to offer to pay all the gas, because I really want to come home.

Me: OK

Her (2 hours later): Mom, Jess isn't coming home. She really wants to, but her mom really doesn't want her to spend the money. I guess I'll take the bus, can you get me a ticket?

Me: OK, are you sure she won't change her mind?

Her: No, she won't change her mind.

Her (1 hour later): Mom, did you get my ticket?

Me: Not yet. I was waiting to make sure she didn't change her mind.

Her: She won't change her mind. I've been trying to talk her into it, but she's definitely not coming home this weekend. Can you get the ticket?

Me: Sure. I do it in a little while

Her (1 hour later): Mom, did you get the ticket yet?

I ignored this last text message at 9:45 last night because I thought Jess might change her mind overnight.

Me (this morning): Good Morning! Are you still coming home? Did Jess decide to come home?

Her: No, she's not coming home.

Me: OK, I ordered your ticket online. You're leaving at 3pm. Here are the directions to the bus station, I will meet you in St. Louis is 5:15pm

Her: OK, I'll see you then! Yay!

Her (2:40pm - 20 minutes before the bus leaves): Mom, Jess wants to ride the bus home too. Can you wait and pick us up at 11:30pm?

Me: NO!!!!! Get on the bus! It leaves in 20 minutes. Jess should have decided before now that she was gonna ride the bus. I cannot believe you are changing your plans now.

Her: Mom, why are you so angry with me?

Me: Heather, I asked you 82 times if you were sure Jess wasn't coming home before I ordered the ticket! Get on the bus! You're going to miss it and it's a non-refundable ticket! Get on the bus!

Her: I'm gonna call my dad to see if he can pick me up at 11:30, but then I'll have to stay there all night and I don't want to. Will you call Aunt Shelly and see if she will pick me up?

Me: NO!!!!! Get on the bus! Call your dad! Whatever! I'm out~call me when you figure it out.

Her (10 minutes later): Mom. Here's the plan. Jess' mom said she will pay all the gas home and I have exchanged my ticket for one leaving 2 weeks from now. I'm going to ride home with Jess tonight and we will take the bus home together in 2 weeks.

Me: Whatever - call me when you're on your way. Love you!

Her: Love you too!

4 comments:

kathi said...

You are a saint...but I choked from laughing, LOL.

M.Amanda said...

Ha! I had a friend who did stuff like that to me. I never understood how people got that vein in their forehead to bulge until I tried to make vacation plans with her.

At least she still wants to come home. ;-)

Michelle said...

I am cracking up!!!!! :)

Not so evil Shenanigans said...

Kathi - raise your arms over your head so you won't choke:)

SC - You're right. I'm grateful she still wants to come home - and it was a joy to have her in the house again, even if that vein popped out a few times before she got there:)

Michelle - glad I could be of service - you just wait:) Your time is coming:)