Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I heard you got accepted to the zoo?

My baby is going to college!!!!! Yay, Heather! She got her acceptance letter from Mizzou (University of Missouri at Columbia) for those of you not from around here:) When she called to tell her dad (my-ex) her little sister there got on the phone and said "Dad said you were accepted to the zoo? When are you leaving?" How funny! She has two little sisters at her dad's and I sometimes feel bad that they don't have the relationship with her that Sonya does. They'll never know how great of a sister she is and how loving and compassionate she is to Sonya. Well, maybe later in life when they get away from that jackass and their mom!

Anyway, this post is about how proud I am for her and how excited I am for her! While I'll miss her terribly, I hope she is able to take advantage of all of these new opportunities to the fullest extent and not think about boyfriends, getting married, having babies and all the other dumb stuff I did instead of going to college when I should have.

One other note about her dumbass dad - when she told him, his reply was "I'm happy for you, but I don't think you'll make it. You won't be able to leave your mom long enough to go away to college" What a complete jackoff! One more reason why I hate his guts and I almost wish I could say that the reason I was ever with him came from a drug-induced period in my life. Well, it didn't so I don't know what I was thinking. I struggle to think sometimes that I actually chose to be with someone so stupid! What in the f*ck was I thinking? I'm so glad I have her but I wish I could have gotten her without his input! What a jerk!

So, again I got off subject thinking about what a prick he is -

I'm so very proud of my daughter and I'm bittersweet to think of her all grown-up!

3 comments:

kathi said...

YAY!!! I know that feeling, hon. Pride and a tad of sadness thinking of them being gone.

Yeah, and I also know the feeling of an ex being a jackass.

Sisters in life, babe, sisters in life.

ccw said...

Congratulations!! I can only imagine how bittersweet this is for you.

It's hard for me to think that Kid L is a only 6 years away from this. However, that has not stopped me from planning to move her room to the little one as soon asshe walks out the door. (I am a bad mom)

As for the dumbass - I am proud of your restraint. I know the desire to run him down must be incredibly high at moments like this.

princess slea said...

I think that Galoot went to college there. I have another friend who lives in Columbia.

college? time flies, eh?